Metal Ductwork Retrofit is More Efficient than New Flex Ductwork
- Years ago when metal ductwork was installed, it was not a high priority to secure and seal the fittings together tightly.
- The older insulation installed absorbs moisture and usually starts to deteriorate.
- It will typically have many leaks.
The ducting retro fit will seal the ductwork better than new flex duct by doing the following:
- Old inefficient insulation is removed.
- Every seam through the entire duct line is secured with metal screws, sealed and taped.
- We use a LEED certified fiber base mastic applied to seal the duct line. This will dry and act like an air cast to seal the ducting at its fittings.
- A heavy duty 3m tape is then wrapped around each seam.